Financial History Issue 113 (Spring 2015) | Page 41
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW
ABOUT FINANCIAL HISTORY?
By Bob Shabazian
1. What is the name of the 1896 series
of currency considered by collectors
to be the most beautiful paper
money ever produced by the US
2. How many states still impose both
an estate and an inheritance tax?
3. Who was the first female officer of
the Federal Reserve?
4. How many times did the S&P 500
close at a record high in 2014?
5. Who is the only “real” woman to
have her portrait appear on US
6. What state has the highest
7. In what year did the US government
stop issuing all notes larger than
8. What founding father will be
featured in a Broadway musical
beginning in July?
Wall Street Walks takes visitors through the historic capital
of world finance — the one-square-mile of downtown Manhattan
known as “Wall Street.” Our visitors learn about people, places and
events comprising over 200 years of history, as they walk among
locations where it all happened.
9. What bank was founded by the
10. What company raised a record $25
billion via its IPO in 2014?
• Regular public tours daily, except Sunday.
• Group and private tours available.
Proud walking tour partner of the Museum of American Finance.
1. The Educational Series 2. Two states:
New Jersey and Maryland 3. Madeline
McWhinney 4. 52 5. Martha Washington
6. Washington ($9.47 per hour)
7. 1969 8. Alexander Hamilton 9. Zions
Bancorporation 10. The Alibaba Group
212-209-3370 (ticket hotline)
www.MoAF.org | Spring 2015 | FINANCIAL HISTORY 39